Creesto Shmeesto

The ruminations of a 44 year old white male, raising 2 sons, struggling to keep 40 year old cars running, making love and art, questing for financial rewards while maintaining a fragile sense of hip coolness. ye---aah, riiiiight.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Free At Last!!

Wow. I am having so MUCH FUN not working 6 days AND 4 nights a week anymore. I don't miss the place a bit: don't miss the unhappiness that pervades the place, the nurtured and reinforced sense of failure that hangs over every single person, the horrible insecurity that is implanted from the very top down. I have even watched recovering 'boxers struggle YEARS later to overcome the effects of working in that environment. It won't be my problem, however. When I am done with something, I am DONE. No regrets, no look-backs, no second guessing and no freaking guilt. Not when I got sober, not when I gave up on my joke of a marriage and not now that I have left my professional home for the past 17 years. Hahahahaha, I'm freakin' free, free, FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. And I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home